Free Press Unlimited's Prague office, Free Press for Eastern Europe is looking for a Country Coordinator for Czech Republic and Slovakia to support local capacities of independent news gathering on medical issues.
Free Press for Eastern Europe (FPEE) is a non-for-profit organisation from Prague, Czech Republic and supports independent media and journalists in Eastern Europe. From October 2021 till September 2022, we are implementing “SCIENCE+“, a pilot project that aims to build a community of organizations and experts from Europe and beyond, committed to increasing the quality of medical reporting, and building bridges between journalists, editors, and scientists who work on health-related issues.
FPEE believes that by training science journalists and investing in capacity building of independent media, it will increase responsible and trustworthy reporting on public health and other medical topics in Eastern Europe. FPEE will also facilitate a unique network of academics, journalists, science editors and media outlets to share the best practices in health reporting and science journalism in Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovakia.
For the design of our training and further networking activities, Free Press for Eastern Europe is currently looking for Country Coordinator who would be key for building relations with media and journalists, experts and fact checkers in their respective countries.
- Relevant education and experience in one or more of these fields: journalism, media development, communication, social entrepreneurship and alike;
- Proven track records of successfully supported projects, including project monitoring and evaluation. Has experience with reporting;
- Knowledge of and relevant network among media and journalists in at least one of these countries: Czech Republic and Slovakia;
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural sensitivity;
- Proficient in English
- Well-developed security awareness;
- Ability to participate in multiple weekly (online) meetings with FPEE and Free Press Unlimited staff, consultants such as trainers, the projects coordinator and project officer;
- Work collaboratively and communicate adequately with the Free Press for Eastern Europe team.
- A strong networker;
- Proactive and self-directing;
- Experienced in project management and coordination;
- Experienced with project evaluation methods;
- Willing and able to travel (within Europe) when needed;
- Able to work on an independent consultancy contract of 10 months (on peak moments full time availability is desired).
No conflict of interest appears when it comes to project’s realisation.
FPEE will be co-running this cross-border collaboration together with Free Press Unlimited (Amsterdam). The Country Coordinator will report to FPU’s programme coordinator and FPEE’s director.
We offer an output-based part time freelance contract, in a dynamic international environment with an NGO-based compensation package. FPEE uses fair selection criteria based on equal opportunities.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV, cover letter and 3 references in English before 1 February 2022 to hr[at]fpee.eu clearly expressing the country of interest in their motivation letter.
The expected start date is mid February 2022. The closing date for this post may be brought forward or extended depending on the volume and strength of applications.
By sending us a CV and motivation letter, the candidate gives us the consent to use her/his personal data for the recruitment process.
We reserve the right to contact selected applicants before the deadline date. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
A screening and references are part of the application process.