- To read this text in Arabic go here -
Free Press Unlimited will host the first ever StoryMaker Camp at Dead Sea, Jordan, January 28-30.
- Who: 50 leading journalists, technologists and trainers from throughout the Middle East and North Africa
- What: StoryMaker Camp
- Where: Winter Valley Warwick Dead Sea, Jordan (shuttles from Amman)
- When: January, 28 - 30 2014
- Why: Help further the development, training and mentoring of StoryMaker and build the community that uses it.
The three day event will bring together trainers, developers, staff, and partners in the StoryMaker project, and experts in the field of technology, security, and journalism for to dive deep into five critical areas: development and technology, training, mentoring and coaching, security and content.
During the camp we will work together on lessons learned, improving content, and hacking the app with some of the best Android developers in the world. We believe StoryMaker is the future of mobile storytelling and we need your help to take this tool to a higher level.
Bring your ideas, solutions, hopes and feedback and get ready for three days of hacking and fun. This is a bilingual event and translation will be available in English and Arabic.
Space for the event is limited. If you have not already confirmed your attendance please email the Project Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 10. Stay tuned for an additional email including logistics and details of the event.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Make sure you have the latest version of StoryMaker on your phone!