This year, we are giving the opportunity for three winners.
1st Place Winners Receive €1000
2nd Place Winners Receive €750
3rd Place Winners Receive €500
- be StoryMaker participants in one of the following countries; Iraq, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia or Syria
Stories can be in the form of video, audio or photo essay.
- be published in a local media outlet
- be compelling and be of human interest
- be original and adhere to the 5 W´s (who, what, why, when, where)
- be of good technical quality (sound, light and images)
- be no longer than 4 minutes
- be shot and edited using StoryMaker
- be uploaded on the Storymaker.cc site
Stories will be scored on quality of content and visual storytelling as well as technicality. The best stories will lead to change in the local communities or highlight issues that are not regularly covered in the media. They will be judged by a professional jury consisting of experts and media professionals.
Participants should complete the application form found here and send their stories to StoryMakerMENA[at]freepressunlimited.org.
Deadline for applications is December 31, 2014 by 5PM CET. Winners will be announced in the beginning of February 2015.
Read our story on last years winner here.
StoryMaker enables (citizen) journalists and activists to create better stories and to share these securely via their mobile telephones. With this app, Free Press Unlimited closes the gap between mainstream and social media and increases the impact of citizen journalism. The app can be downloaded for free in the Play Store and is available to everybody. Read on.