Free Press Unlimited is looking for a cross-media storytelling trainer who will lead a workshop dedicated to one of its’ Syrian media partners in Istanbul, Turkey.
The ideal experienced candidate should have a proven track record as a cross-media journalist and trainer.
The trainer is required to design and deliver a cross-media storytelling workshop to Syrian journalists in Arabic, using the proper training methods in order to achieve the required learning objectives and outcomes.
Desired candidate profile:
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic & English.
- 3-5 years experience at least working as a journalist, including planning and producing multimedia/cross-media stories in digital publications.
- A prior experience working as a media trainer (cross-media trainers are preferred), certified trainers are preferred.
- Ability to use digital tools to produce and publish cross-media stories professionally.
- To be familiar with cross-media storytelling trends and tools for the digital media.
- Ability to plan how to engage audience within the story.
- Ability to engage and motivate trainees.
- Ability to travel to Turkey.
- Ability to cooperate with learning program team on course design and planning.
What we offer
A freelance contract, in a dynamic environment with a competitive salary based on local standards. Free Press Unlimited uses fair selection criteria based on equal opportunities.
Please send your motivation letter and CV (preferable in PDF-format) before 3 November 2019 to: vacanciesejsm[at]freepressunlimited.org
Who we are
Across the globe, journalists and media pioneers have taken it on themselves to supply their communities with objective information. Free Press Unlimited actively supports these professionals in over forty countries, by offering them, among other things, trainings and temporary financial and material aid, and by strengthening their professional capacity. So that as many people as possible gain and keep access to truly vital information. For many people around the world, access to reliable information is by no means a given. Nevertheless, impartial information is of crucial importance to all of us if we wish to survive and develop as human beings.