Greenhost and Free Press Unlimited are currently seeking to hire an expert that can provide consultancy service to finalise digital security curriculum on MOOC platform. Approx. time needed: 12 days.
Objective of the assignment
The consultant will render its services aimed at finalising the digital security curriculum for journalists and activists. Totem is an online platform (MOOC) that helps them use digital security and privacy tools and tactics more effectively in their work. Totem aims to provide an online platform where trainers can upgrade skills of participants prior to an offline training, and continue to exchange new knowledge about digital security and privacy with learners they have trained in the past via frequently updated curricula.
This enables activists and journalists to retain and improve their knowledge about the topics that they have received previous training on. Totem helps security trainers extend the learning experience from a few days of face-to-face, offline training into a continuous and on-going, interactive learning experience.
- Starting time: as soon as possible.
- Final versions of 6 modules available by 20 December.
Finalise curriculum on 6 topics: Secure messaging, secure passwords, access and
anonimity, internet primer (how the internet works), operating a secure dropbox with
Globaleaks, phishing showcase:
- Carry out editorial review: addressing the textual gaps in the curriculum, consistency in terminology
- Add new (already freely available) or edit existing multimedia content (infographics/video) to these courses
Who you are
You are a professional, enthusiastic and driven individual with:
- Highly skilled digital security expert with proven track record on digital security and e-learning on MOOC platforms;
- Established record in curriculum development for journalists and/or human rights defenders;
- Ability to write English fluently (essential)
- Excellent work ethics, self-motivator, commited.
We offer a short term consultancy based assignment contract for 12 days. We use fair selection criteria based on equal opportunities. We particularly encourage female candidates to apply.
For any questions regarding the position, please contact Rianne Verbeek (Programme Coordinator), and if you are interested please send your motivation letter and CV (preferable in PDF-format) no later than 29 November 2018 to Rianne Verbeek: verbeek[at]freepressunlimited[dot]org. We reserve the right to contact applicants before the closing date.