We are currently looking for an Information and Security Consultant for a freelance assignment who can offer help and support to Free Press Unlimited security focal point on all security, safety and ICT digital matters.
Free Press Unlimited strongly believes that all people are entitled to have access to unbiased, reliable and timely information. This enables them to assess their own living conditions, influence these and make the right decisions. Press freedom and freedom of information are vital for gathering and spreading reliable, unbiased information. Media play a crucial role in providing people free and unrestricted access to information that can help them develop and monitor the authorities. We want to make and keep objective news and information available to everyone, especially to people in countries without or with limited (press) freedom.
By supporting media professionals and journalists, we want to help people gain and keep access to the information they need to survive and develop.
For our media development programme in Syria, we are currently looking for an Information and Security Consultant for a freelance assignment who can offer help and support to Free Press Unlimited security focal point on all security, safety and ICT digital matters. You will work closely with the security focal point to provide solutions to identified ICT problems and works constantly to mitigate the risks and threats connected to ICT issues.
You will be responsible for the implementation of the security module by participative approach in creating a pool of experts who can consult and coach our media partners, with the focus on building institutional capacity related to security and information technology security management. You will monitor possible security threats (risk level), provides virtual coaching remotely from home/office and offers ICT advise to media partners. The advise can be done remotely or through face to face sessions.
- Continuously mitigate risks and monitor possible security threats (risk level) connected to ICT matters.
- Ensure that all work is driven by harmonious and safe environment, results-oriented and quality checks.
- Provide solutions and support to Free Press Unlimited partners on all ICT security, safety and digital matters.
- Oversee the implementation of all relevant activities and maintain follows ups with the experts as necessary.
- Ensure that partners and trainees are satisfied and empowered by the training, mentoring and/or advice given.
- Monitor the programme’s security policy compliance and report violations.
- Design and deliver training on safety, digital security, awareness, essential tools and practice, safety and threats assessment to Free Press Unlimited partners who are located at different locations in Europe, Turkey and the Middle East.
- Embrace Free Press Unlimited methodology and read and approve the latest Code of Conduct of Free Press Unlimited.
- Read and approve the Free Press Unlimited Gender Equality policy and incorporate the principles of gender equality when/if applicable in his day-to-day work and during training and coaching.
- Proven educational background and work experience as a practioner and trainer in a similar or the designated field
- Experience in security and secure communication for journalists, digital and safety
- Expertise in OS and non OS systems (for all devices – computers, tablets, hand-held, servers, etc.)
- Fluency in Arabic and English, written and spoken
- Ability to monitor, evaluate, and recognise weaknesses and strengths of trainees and the organisations they work with
- Good communication and inter-cultural skills; able to communicate effectively with trainees, other trainers, managers and supervisors
Written applications consisting of a CV and a short motivation (including rough idea of availability and rate) need to be submitted by e-mail (preferable in PDF format) before May 1st, 2019 to vacanciesejsm[AT]freepressunlimited.org
A screening is part of the application process.