We are currently looking for a Project Officer Eurasia (32- 38 hours a week).
Free Press Unlimited strongly believes that all people are entitled to have access to unbiased, reliable and timely information. This enables them to assess their own living conditions, influence these and make the right decisions.
Freedom of the Press and Freedom of Information are vital for gathering and spreading reliable, unbiased information. Media play a crucial role in providing people free and unrestricted access to information that can help them develop and monitor the authorities. We want to make and keep objective news and information available to everyone, especially to people in countries without or with limited (press) freedom.
By supporting media professionals and journalists, we want to help people gain and keep access to the information they need to survive and develop.
Free Press Unlimited is currently looking for a Project Officer Eurasia (32- 38 hours a week)
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Support Eurasia team (and if necessary/by request other Free Press Unlimited’s teams) in the design of project proposals and budgeting;
- Develop contracts and agreements with donors, service providers and partner organisations, as well as other third parties;
- Support Eurasia team (and if necessary/by request other Free Press Unlimited’s teams) with the planning, organisation, reporting (financial and narrative) and implementation of projects and deploys external providers (such as interpreters/ translators and trainers / experts) where necessary. All within the financial and qualitative framework established by Eurasia team management;
- Monitor the progress and execution of the project activities, in collaboration with the Eurasia Programme Coordinator, and provide them with information on any deviation and/or stagnation;
- Plan and organise gatherings, meetings and visits in the context of projects, both in the Netherlands and abroad, and in consultation with the Eurasia Programme Coordinator, organise the required facilities if necessary;
- Monitor content of media actors in the EU Eastern Neighbourhood and beyond.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- University of Applied Sciences level of working and thinking;
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a supporting position in an international environment in a non-for-profit organisation;
- Experience in grant management and reporting to multiple donors;
- Experience with external audit procedures and knowledge with EU financial rules and regulations is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of project management and the relevant methodologies;
- Good command of English; knowledge of one of the Eastern Slavic or Caucasus languages is a strong advantage;
- Experience in collecting and organising of complex information;
- Experience in the logistical organisation of activities and meetings abroad;
- Knowledge and experience in the area of media, journalism and/or human rights is a strong advantage.
- Ability to educate (trainers experience) is an advantage
- High level of integrity and accountability
- A real teamplayer
What we offer
A position in a dynamic, international environment based in Amsterdam. An appointment for one year, with the possibility of extension depending on performance, 25 paid holiday days a year (on full-time basis) and 8 % holiday allowance. Free Press Unlimited uses fair selection criteria based on equal opportunities.
Interested and qualified?
We invite you to apply no later than October 21st, 2019 by sending your English CV and short cover letter (both in PDF format) to Tamara Lunacek (HR Officer) via the following application form. If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date.
Non-EU candidates need to have a valid work permit to be considered for this role.
A screening is part of the selection process.