As a Friend of Free Press Unlimited you are providing a direct contribution towards: ✓ The support of journalists in need. ✓ Setting up radio stations in conflict areas. ✓ Developing techniques to circumvent censorship and protect sources.
Become a friend
We can’t go anywhere without our friends. Not to Darfur, not to Syria and not to Mexico. The work that Free Press Unlimited does in these countries is all made possible thanks to the contributions we receive from our friends. They share our vision: the people in countries where wars are blazing and repression rules deserve to have access to reliable news. Will you join the friends of the free press?
To thank you for your annual contribution, of course we like to offer you something in return, so you will receive:
✓ Priority invitations to debates, workshops, festivals and film evenings.
✓ The News in Darfur: Radio Dabanga newsletter, covering the only reliable source of news in Darfur, Sudan.
- Would you like to donate with PayPal or creditcard?
- Would you prefer to simply transfer the money? Our IBAN bank account number is: NL92 INGB 000 000 7676.
Here’s a glimpse at some of the successes we have achieved in the last few years:
- Thanks to our independent radio station, Radio Dabanga, people in Darfur who need to escape now know where it is safe to go.
- Thanks to the Publeaks whistleblower platform, local citizens can share important information with the media without putting themselves in danger.
- Thanks to WADADA News for Kids, the very first world youth news program, children and young people in 16 countries now have the opportunity to speak out for themselves.
- Thanks to community radio in Bangladesh, the problems faced by people living in the countryside are now on the national agenda.
- Thanks to Reporters Respond, our emergency fund for the media, journalists faced with violence or intimidation can get back to work as quickly as possible.
- Thanks to our Mama Sosa project (“Woman, Speak!”), women in Zambia are being trained to be journalists.
Would you like to read more about our projects? Click here.
Tax-free donating and legacies
Do you live in the Netherlands and would you like to take advantage of the option to make your donations to Free Press Unlimited tax-free? Or are you considering including Free Press Unlimited in your will? Thanks to our ANBI status, that is very easy to do. To make a tax-free donation you can also simply complete the Tax-Free Donation Form. For any donation of €50 or more per year, you can deduct the whole amount from your tax return. That is beneficial for you and certainly beneficial for us.
For more information about our expenditures, our income, the way we work and the current position of freedom of the press around the world, please read our Annual Report.
Do you have a question about contributing to the work of Free Press Unlimited? Or do you want to change or cancel your donation? Please contact the donor administration.
Telephone: +31 20 8000 400 | ma - vrij